Wonderful things that you can only find in Halong Bay, Vietnam
There is no doubt that Halong Bay is one of the best places to visit in Vietnam. What are the intriguing things that are waiting for you to explore in Halong Bay?
1. Experience Halong Bay cruise tour to have night sleep on Halong Bay
Take part in Halong bay cruise tour, tourists will experience of sleeping at night on cruiser - Photo: Internet
Halong Bay cruisetouris a choice of most tourists. You can buy 2-day-1-night tour or 3-day-2-night tour to experience of sleeping at night - welcome dawn on Halong Bay, visit the most well-known places of Halong Bay such as Thien Cung Cave, Ga Choi Islet, Me Cung Cave, Sung Sot Cave, Ti Top Island, Dau Go Cave, Bai Tu Long, Ngoc Vung Island, Quan Lan Island and so on.
2. Paddle Kayak boat on your own to contemplate Halong Bay
Paddle kayak boat is a type that most international tourists want to experience when visiting Halong Bay - Photo: Internet
National Geographic Adventures magazine has voted for Halong Bayto be one of 25 best places in the world to paddle Kayak boat.
Paddle Kayak boat is an interesting activity that you should not miss when visiting Halong Bay. Sitting on a small Kayak boat, stirring the paddles on the water surface, wriggling into the caves, touching the stalactites and some unusual herbs are wonderful than anything else.
In Halong Bay, you can hire Kayak boat at the harbors or islands with the rent ranging from 100.000 VND to 200.000 VND/hour (from 4.58 to 9.17 USD/hour), depending on the type of the boat’s sitting space such as 1 seat, 2 or 3 seats.
3. Contemplate Halong Bay by seaplane
Halong Bay is more majestic when looking from the seaplane - Photo: Internet
Seaplane has 2 seats for pilots and 12 seats for passengers having spacious windows for you to comfortably contemplate Halong Bay from the high distance and record memorable moments.
In addition, you will witness the head of seaplane move up and down and glide over the water surface.
The price for 25 - 40 minutes contemplate Halong Bay by seaplane is from 5.000.000VND - 7.500.000VND (from 229USD to 344 USD).
4. Explore spectacular caves
Looking from Trinh Nu cave, the scene is so romantic - Photo: Internet
Halong Bay is considered as a wonderful water-color painting that nature gifts to Vietnam. There are millions of caves with different beauties in Halong Bay. Two caves that you have to visit are Tam Cung cave and Trinh Nu cave. Other famous caves such as Hanh Cave, Dau Go Cave, Sung Sot Cave, Luon Cave, etc.
5. Visit Lang chai Cua Van (Cua Van Fishing Village) at the seaside
Lang Chai Cua Van in Halong bay was recognized twice by UNESCO as World Natural Heritage - Photo: Internet
Lang Chai Cua Van is a place that nearly 200 families are living with their major jobs are aquaculture and fishing. The whole village is afloat on the water surface, being covered by rolling mountains. Lang Chai Cua Van is considered as one of the most beautiful ancient seaside fishing villages all over the world.
6. Enjoy Cha Muc (Squid-pie): special food in Halong
Cha Muc (Squid-pie) is a special food of Ha Long that certainly you have to enjoy - Photo: Internet
Visiting Halong Bay, you should try Cha Muc - a very well-known food there. Cha Muc Halong is more delicious than anywhere else because it has a specific savor, squid is thick and milled by hand without any mill machines.
* Some important notes when traveling to Halong Bay
1. Weather in Ha Long Bay
Weather in Halong Bay has two distinctive seasons (the hot and the cold) so tourists visit there all the year - Photo: Internet
Halong Bayhas two distinctive seasons: the summer is very hot and the winter is so cold. It depends on the time you visit Halong Baythat you should prepare suitable clothes.
2. How to travel from Hanoi - capital of Vietnam - to Halong Bay?
There are 3 transportations to travel:
- By motorbike/car: Follow 2 routes: Hanoi - Bac Ninh - Halong: This is the shortest road from Hanoi to Halong with 150km/ or Hanoi - Hai Duong - Halong: This is the longest but most favorable road with 170km.
- By coach: Coach agencies to Halong Baygather at Luong Yen Station or My Dinh Station, departing from 6:00am and the last coach is 5:00pm. Price: about 100.000VND/seat ticket (4.58USD); 200.000VND/bed ticket (9.17USD).
- By train: HaLong Express Trains depart from Gia Lam station at 7:00am. Price: 5USD/way/Vietnamese visitor; 15USD/way/international visitor.
PHUONG LINH (whereto)